What diameter and color options are available in our PVDF filaments?
Our Fluorinar™ filaments come in two varieties: Fluorinar-H™ filament made from a Kynar® PVDF homopolymer and Fluorinar-C™ filament made from a Kynar® PVDF copolymer. Currently, Fluorinar-H™ filament is available in 1.75 mm and 2.85 mm diameters in natural while Fluorinar-C™ filament is available in 2.85 mm diameter in white.
How soon will my order ship?
Both out Fluorinar-H™ and Fluorinar-C™ 3D filaments are off-the-shelf items that will ship within 24 hours of order placement. If we can’t meet this deadline we will contact you with a revised shipment date.
What print parameters should I use for a successful print?
1. Print on a glass bed heated to 100 C.
2. Use a light layer of Elmer’s disappearing purple glue on the glass for adhesion. Other PVA adhesives have not been as effective.
3. Print with a single layer 10 – 15 mm brim attached to the part. This is not required for Fluorinar-C™
4. Maximize part surface area in contact with the print bed.
5. Print at 250 C.
7. Layer height can be 0.1 – 0.2 mm.
8. Print speed should be around 20 – 40 mm/s.
9. If the part is small it will help to print in duplicate as the most recent layer on the first part is allowed to cool while the layer on the second part is printing.
10. Keep the cooling fans turned off. Fluorinar-H™ and Fluorinar-C™ like to run hot.
Additional printing guidance can be found here.