Poly (vinylidene fluoride-co-hexafluoropropylene)
Kynar® PVDF filament without warping!
PVDF is a semicrystalline polymer which experiences warping when it transitions from a melt to solid state. This stress is the result of crystallization and leads to dimensional distortion of the printed object and loss of adhesion to the build plate. Stress can be eliminated by annealing. But there is an easier way. Nile Polymers is pleased to introduce Fluorinar-C™ Kynar® PVDF 3D filament which completely eliminates warping in large PVDF 3D prints.
Available for the first time
Now large parts can be printed without loss of print bed adhesion. The final print remains perfectly flat after completion and cooling. Before the existence of 3D printing, one-off parts were typically made by machining from solid stock. Fluorinar-C™ now gives you possibilities: you can either print the part or print solid stock and create the part by machining. Either way, Fluorinar-C™ Kynar® PVDF 3D filament gives you the choices you need to complete your job.
Do you want to test the Fluorinar-C™ PVDF filament on your printer? Fill out the adjacent form and we will send you a 5-meter sample of either 1.75 mm or 2.85 mm filament. Print something with your Fluorinar-C™ filament and let us know how it works for you.
FLUORINAR-C™ PVDF PRINT SETTINGS
|Print Temp Range||250 – 260 C|
|Bed Temp Range||100 C|
|Print Speed Range||10 – 30 mm/s|
|Bed Adhesion||Print objects on glass bed that is prepared with a thin layer of Elmer’s Disappearing Purple Glue Stick|
Additional information about Fluorinar-C™ PVDF filament and PVDF in general can be found on the following pages:
Fluorinar-C™ 3D Filament Technical Data Sheet
Fluorinar-C™ 3D Filament Safety Data Sheet
Fluorinar™ Chemical Resistance Chart
Successful Prints with Fluorinar™ PVDF Filaments
Fluorinar-C™ PVDF Filament Advantages
- Large PVDF 3D Prints: print sizes are only limited by machine print volume
- First print layer bonds to PVA-coated glass and remains perfectly flat without using brims or rafts
- Excellent build plate adhesion: no loss of part dimensions due to warping
- No lifting around sharp corners on the printed part
- Fully melt compatible with Fluorinar-H™ filament in multi-extrusion printers
- Rapid prototype development
- Small quantity part production
- Cost-effective part manufacturing compared to machining from solid stock
- CNC machining of printed part for tight tolerance requirements
- Optimal print settings can be achieved on all consumer-grade printers
- No off-gassing during printing due to PVDF melt stability
- Excellent corrosion resistance to most mineral and organic acids, aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, alcohols, halogenated solvents, and oxidizing agents
- No loss of mechanical strength after long-term UV exposure
- 100% Kynar® and 100% PVDF
- Meets ISO-10993-5:2009 cytotoxicity standard for biocompatibility